Greenough seeks a talented account executive to join our fun, fast-paced agency. The ideal candidate will support clients in healthcare, technology, nonprofits and professional services and will work closely with account teams to produce strong results.
Responsibilities include: daily media monitoring and media pitching; creation of editorial calendars, speaking calendars, awards calendars and strategic media lists; composition of press releases, media advisories, contributed articles, social media content and blog posts; and account measurement and reporting. The candidate must be able to manage and execute projects efficiently and on deadline and handle multiple responsibilities for clients across different industries. Strong writing and communication skills are prerequisites.
- Internship or 1 year agency experience (or equivalent in-house experience)
- Prior experience in healthcare, technology, professional services or nonprofits
- B.A./B.S. or higher
- Identify client-relevant media coverage, including competitor news and newsworthy industry information
- Research and develop comprehensive media lists and uncover relevant opportunities for client story placement
- Draft strong pitches, conduct media outreach and secure strong results
- Draft press releases, briefing documents for media interviews, article abstracts, contributed articles, blog posts, social media posts and press kit materials
- Create monthly and/or annual editorial calendars, speaking/conference calendars and awards calendars
- Draft and manage submission of client award submissions and speaking abstracts
- Prepare weekly/biweekly comprehensive status reports for clients
- Conduct client results tracking, measurement and reporting
- Provide research and assistance for new business activity
- Manage and mentor interns
- Support team members on all client activity
Required Skills & Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of media relations and understanding of pitching process
- Strong writing skills and ability to think creatively
- Proofreading skills and keen attention to grammatical and numerical details
- Well-organized and able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong understanding of complex concepts/technologies
- Team player focused on alignment of team and individual goals
- Professional, fun and outgoing demeanor
PR Agency life has always appealed to me because of the constant opportunity to learn. Since joining Greenough a year ago, I have had the opportunity to expand my knowledge of key medicines, technologies, and experts that are helping shape society today. I love sharing the stories that are driving healthcare forward and truly changing lives.
Senior Vice President
Greenough combines the perks of a tight-knit company with the clientele of a world-class PR and marketing agency. The growth opportunities are tremendous, as team members at all levels gain insight into – and help drive – our clients’ external strategies.