Greenough is a leading independent brand marketing and public relations firm grounded in a disciplined approach to brand storytelling that optimizes a range of communications channels to help clients achieve their business goals.
Greenough focuses on quality individuals as well as quality clients – servicing a wide range of industries with a particular focus on Technology, Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Business Services. All of Greenough, from the senior leadership team to the Greenough interns, collaborate closely and effectively with each other and their clients – working to become an extension of their client's internal teams.
Our team brings energy, passion, and focus to everything we do. We're highly professional, refreshingly informal, kind, compassionate, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic. We're also smart, intellectually curious, and analytical. Greenough employees enjoy Summer Fridays, regular company outings, anniversary perks to celebrate an employee's tenure, and a week off over Christmas. To learn more about our company and culture, visit www.greenoughagency.com.
As a critical member of a highly collaborative team, this core contributor role provides a tremendous platform for an entrepreneurial public relations professional to help an already successful agency continue to thrive and grow. You can leverage your experience to own, deepen and broaden existing client relationships within the healthcare and life sciences industries, driving and executing strategic initiatives for Greenough’s core clients. You also have an opportunity to grow professionally based on your performance in a highly merit-based agency.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, you will be a key contributor to the team, supporting and owning relationships across Healthcare and Life Sciences clients that run the gamut from AI-driven technology and Mass Spec to Biotech.
You will be charged with building and executing short- and long-term strategic communication plans across multiple clients' earned, owned, and paid channels. You will also direct and mentor account executives in Greenough's entrepreneurial culture, where we support rapid advancement.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with new and existing clients, demonstrating subject matter expertise and adding strategic value. Connect with clients on a personal level and ensure client satisfaction on all accounts. Act as the day-to-day client contact to advise, recommend, update, and report on communication programs.
- Manage account teams on the execution of integrated communications programs, maintaining a standard of excellence and ensuring the delivery of quality work across media relations, digital/social media, creative content, executive communications, etc. Set account team priorities, deadlines, and expectations and manage teams to ensure they are meeting client needs and program goals.
- Work with senior leaders to develop and manage teams to successfully execute metrics-driven media and content strategies, including daily media outreach, content development, influencer relations, and strategic coordination with Greenough’s integrated marketing team.
- Develop rich messaging and content that will drive client programs forward in a compelling and differentiated way.
- Actively follow the news, draw connections to clients (i.e., trendjacking) and mobilize teams to react quickly to secure coverage.
- Actively engage with clients’ customers, subject matter experts, key opinion leaders, and other influencers.
- Become an expert in Greenough’s measurement and analytics tools to help inform and drive results for clients.
- Help manage workflow, training, and mentoring of account executives. Intelligently delegate responsibilities to ensure both short- and long-term deliverables are on time and within budget. Provide team members with tools and guidance to succeed in assigned tasks.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the company’s mission, objectives, philosophy, and culture. Lead by example in terms of passion, energy, and results.
- Actively drive New Business initiatives and foster new client relationships.
Along with creativity, drive and entrepreneurial spirit, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- 7+ years’ experience in healthcare public relations – lover of healthcare (previous agency experience preferred)
- Ability to quickly learn and break down complex concepts/technologies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple clients as well as manage multiple junior team members.
- Ability to conceive and oversee the implementation of overall communication programs as well as targeted product launches, announcements, strategies, message development, and corporate positioning
- A demonstrated track record of leading successful, measurable PR and social media programs for multiple clients or projects
- A desire to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated/self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is energized by challenges and driven by results with a natural curiosity to learn and know more
- Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience creating messaging/positioning, press releases, digital content, byline articles, etc.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- BA/S (or equivalent experience) or higher
- Compassionate, supportive, and has a sense of humor
- Comp will be competitive and based on the skills and experience of candidates
Senior Account Supervisor, Media
At Greenough, every employee is truly a valued member of the team. You have the opportunity to learn and grow in a collegial atmosphere where the entire agency is working towards the same goal. Coming from a background in TV news, I have really enjoyed the chance to dive into industries shaping national and global conversations, supporting clients’ innovations and advancements, and helping them further become leaders in their field.
Senior Account Supervisor
Having a decade of experience in the Boston workforce has taught me how to succeed, learn when I fail, but also to trust my gut and my intuition. This is exactly how I felt the day I walked into the Greenough office during the interview process. I immediately felt right at home and within minutes I knew this company, role, and culture were all worth pursuing. Greenough provides top tier counsel for our clients, but we also invest in one another. By focusing on quality employees and not quantity, we are able to connect inside and outside of our client teams and push each other to want to be better for the larger picture. I am lucky to wake up every morning and call Greenough my place of work.
At Greenough, you’re not just an employee but a valued team member shaping impactful campaigns and growing professionally in a dynamic, creative, and supportive environment. It’s a great agency to gain hands-on experience across a wide range of projects and a diverse client base where your contributions really make a difference.
PR Agency life has always appealed to me because of the constant opportunity to learn. Since joining Greenough, I have had the opportunity to expand my knowledge of key medicines, technologies, and experts that are helping shape society today. I've also been able to shape my own role and future path for growth working alongside a talented team of leaders and colleagues who are all committed to making moments out of impactful stories.
Senior Vice President, Healthcare & Life Sciences
Greenough combines the perks of a tight-knit company with the clientele of a world-class PR and marketing agency. The growth opportunities are tremendous, as team members at all levels gain insight into – and help drive – our clients’ external strategies.