Greenough is a leading independent brand marketing and public relations firm grounded in a disciplined approach to brand storytelling that optimizes a range of communications channels to help clients achieve their business goals.
Greenough focuses on quality individuals as well as quality clients – servicing a wide range of industries with a particular focus on Technology, Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Business Services. All of Greenough, from the senior leadership team to the Greenough interns, collaborate closely and effectively with each other and their clients – working to become an extension of their client's internal teams.
Our team brings energy, passion, and focus to everything we do. We're highly professional, refreshingly informal, kind, compassionate, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic. We're also smart, intellectually curious, and analytical. Greenough employees enjoy Summer Fridays, regular company outings, anniversary perks to celebrate an employee's tenure, and a week off over Christmas. To learn more about our company and culture, visit www.greenoughagency.com.
As a critical member of a highly collaborative team, this core contributor role provides a tremendous platform for an entrepreneurial public relations professional to help an already successful agency continue to thrive and grow. You can leverage your experience to own, deepen and broaden existing client relationships within the healthcare and life sciences industries, driving and executing strategic initiatives for Greenough’s core clients. You also have an opportunity to grow professionally based on your performance in a highly merit-based agency.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, you will be a key contributor to the team, supporting and owning relationships across Healthcare and Life Sciences clients that run the gamut from AI-driven technology and Mass Spec to Biotech.
You will be charged with building and executing short- and long-term strategic communication plans across multiple clients' earned, owned, and paid channels. You will also direct and mentor account executives in Greenough's entrepreneurial culture, where we support rapid advancement.
• Cultivate and nurture relationships with new and existing clients, demonstrating subject matter expertise and adding strategic value. Connect with clients on a personal level and ensure client satisfaction on all accounts. Act as the day-to-day client contact to advise, recommend, update, and report on communication programs.
• Manage account teams on the execution of integrated communications programs, maintaining a standard of excellence and ensuring the delivery of quality work across media relations, digital/social media, creative content, executive communications, etc. Set account team priorities, deadlines, and expectations and manage teams to ensure they are meeting client needs and program goals.
• Work with senior leaders to develop and manage teams to successfully execute metrics-driven media and content strategies, including daily media outreach, content development, influencer relations, and strategic coordination with Greenough’s integrated marketing team.
• Develop rich messaging and content that will drive client programs forward in a compelling and differentiated way.
• Actively follow the news, draw connections to clients (i.e., trendjacking) and mobilize teams to react quickly to secure coverage.
• Actively engage with clients’ customers, subject matter experts, key opinion leaders, and other influencers.
• Become an expert in Greenough’s measurement and analytics tools to help inform and drive results for clients.
• Help manage workflow, training, and mentoring of account executives. Intelligently delegate responsibilities to ensure both short- and long-term deliverables are on time and within budget. Provide team members with tools and guidance to succeed in assigned tasks.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of the company’s mission, objectives, philosophy, and culture. Lead by example in terms of passion, energy, and results.
• Actively drive New Business initiatives and foster new client relationships.
Along with creativity, drive and entrepreneurial spirit, your previous experience and attributes will include:
• 7+ years’ experience in healthcare public relations – lover of healthcare (previous agency experience preferred)
• Ability to quickly learn and break down complex concepts/technologies
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple clients as well as manage multiple junior team members.
• Ability to conceive and oversee the implementation of overall communication programs as well as targeted product launches, announcements, strategies, message development, and corporate positioning
• A demonstrated track record of leading successful, measurable PR and social media programs for multiple clients or projects
• A desire to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, team-oriented environment
• Self-motivated/self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is energized by challenges and driven by results with a natural curiosity to learn and know more
• Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience creating messaging/positioning, press releases, digital content, byline articles, etc.
• Exceptional presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
• BA/S (or equivalent experience) or higher
• Compassionate, supportive, and has a sense of humor
• Comp will be competitive and based on the skills and experience of candidates
Your submission has been received!
Hear what our employees have to say
At Greenough, I have the ability to work with a wide variety of amazing clients who actually make a difference in society, so it feels like there is always something interesting to do. The leadership team encourages me to share my needs and will do whatever they can to help me reach my goals. It is so rewarding to have a really diverse, open working environment and amazing coworkers who truly embrace me as part of the team.
PR Agency life has always appealed to me because of the constant opportunity to learn. Since joining Greenough a year ago, I have had the opportunity to expand my knowledge of key medicines, technologies, and experts that are helping shape society today. I love sharing the stories that are driving healthcare forward and truly changing lives.
Vice President, Integrated Marketing
After more than a decade in the broadcast media and digital world, I wanted to find a truly integrated agency that would give me the opportunity to engage with clients and develop custom solutions to their challenges. With top notch leadership, a great culture and client variety, I’ve found that place at Greenough.
Senior Vice President
Greenough combines the perks of a tight-knit company with the clientele of a world-class PR and marketing agency. The growth opportunities are tremendous, as team members at all levels gain insight into – and help drive – our clients’ external strategies.