Greenough is a leading independent brand marketing and public relations firm grounded in a disciplined approach to brand storytelling that optimizes a range of communications channels to help clients achieve their business goals.
Greenough focuses on quality individuals as well as quality clients – servicing a wide range of industries with a particular focus on technology, healthcare, Life sciences, and business services. All of Greenough, from the senior leadership team to the Greenough interns, collaborate closely and effectively with each other and their clients – working to become an extension of their client's internal teams.
Our team brings energy, passion, and focus to everything we do. We're highly professional, refreshingly informal, kind, compassionate, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic. We're also smart, intellectually curious, and analytical. Greenough employees enjoy Summer Fridays, regular company outings, anniversary perks to celebrate an employee's tenure, and a week off over Christmas. To learn more about our company and culture, visit www.greenoughagency.com.
As a critical member of a highly collaborative team, this core contributor role provides a tremendous platform for an entrepreneurial public relations professional to help an already successful agency continue to thrive and grow. You can leverage your experience to own, deepen and broaden existing client relationships within the technology industry, driving and executing strategic initiatives for Greenough core clients. You also have an opportunity to grow professionally based on your performance in a highly merit-based agency.
Reporting to the Vice President – Technology, you will be a key contributor to the team, supporting and owning relationships across technology clients that run the gamut from semiconductors and security to AI software and digital engineering.
You will be charged with building and executing short- and long-term strategic communication plans across multiple clients' earned, owned, and paid channels. You will also direct and mentor account executives in Greenough's entrepreneurial culture, where we support rapid advancement.
• Cultivate and nurture relationships with new and existing clients, demonstrating subject matter expertise and adding strategic value. Connect with clients on a personal level and ensure client satisfaction on all accounts. Act as the day-to-day client contact to advise, recommend, update, and report on communication programs.
• Manage account teams on the execution of integrated strategic communications programs, maintaining a standard of excellence and ensuring the delivery of quality work across media relations, digital/social media, creative content, executive communications, etc. Set account team priorities, deadlines, and expectations and manage teams to ensure they are meeting client needs and program goals.
• Work with senior leaders to develop and manage teams to successfully execute metrics-driven media and content strategies, including daily media outreach, content development, influencer relations, and strategic coordination with Greenough’s integrated marketing team.
• Develop a rich network of media resources to actively pitch and bolster pitching within your teams to help create long-term relationships to leverage for clients’ current and future needs.
• Actively follow the news, draw connections to clients (i.e., trendjacking) and mobilize teams to react quickly to secure coverage.
• Become a subject matter expert on all your clients. Actively engage with clients’ customers, subject matter experts, key opinion leaders, and other influencers.
• Develop and edit compelling content: press releases, bylines, fact sheets, blogs, and social posts. Demonstrate an understanding of your client’s voice and key messages. Manage all internal, client-facing, and media-facing deliverables and deadlines.
• Become an expert in Greenough’s measurement and analytics tools to help inform and drive results for clients.
• Help manage workflow, training, and mentoring of account executives. Intelligently delegate responsibilities to ensure both short- and long-term deliverables are on time and within budget. Provide team members with tools and guidance to succeed in assigned tasks.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of the company’s mission, objectives, philosophy, and culture. Lead by example in terms of passion, energy, and results.
• Support new business activity as needed.
Professional and Personal Profile
• 5-7 years of experience in public relations and technology know-how – lover of tech (previous agency experience preferred)
• Demonstrated strategic and business acumen with an ability to guide clients toward solutions.
• Ability to quickly learn and break down complex concepts/technologies (software, security, networking, AI, cloud computing, DevOps, technology manufacturing, etc.).
• Excellent writing, copy-editing and client relations experience.
• Media relations experience – direct experience working technology trades and technology reporters at top-tier business outlets.
• Effective leadership and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients, colleagues and strategic partners.
• Team management and mentoring experience (account executives or interns).
• Self-motivated/self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is energized by challenges and driven by results. Has a natural curiosity for technology, including deep tech.
• Team player focused on alignment of team and individual goals. Roll up your sleeves type attitude: ability to perform at an account supervisor/director level yet also handle day-to-day responsibilities.
• Exceptional organizational/management (up, down and across), multi-tasking skills and ability to juggle multiple/competing priorities. Comfortable working with agency systems.
• B.A/S or higher
• Compassionate, supportive and a sense of humor
• Comp will be competitive and based on skills and experience of candidates
Account Supervisor / Account Director
Your submission has been received!
Hear what our employees have to say
At Greenough, I have the ability to work with a wide variety of amazing clients who actually make a difference in society, so it feels like there is always something interesting to do. The leadership team encourages me to share my needs and will do whatever they can to help me reach my goals. It is so rewarding to have a really diverse, open working environment and amazing coworkers who truly embrace me as part of the team.
PR Agency life has always appealed to me because of the constant opportunity to learn. Since joining Greenough a year ago, I have had the opportunity to expand my knowledge of key medicines, technologies, and experts that are helping shape society today. I love sharing the stories that are driving healthcare forward and truly changing lives.
Vice President, Integrated Marketing
After more than a decade in the broadcast media and digital world, I wanted to find a truly integrated agency that would give me the opportunity to engage with clients and develop custom solutions to their challenges. With top notch leadership, a great culture and client variety, I’ve found that place at Greenough.
Senior Vice President
Greenough combines the perks of a tight-knit company with the clientele of a world-class PR and marketing agency. The growth opportunities are tremendous, as team members at all levels gain insight into – and help drive – our clients’ external strategies.