Greenough is a leading independent brand marketing and public relations firm grounded in a disciplined approach to brand storytelling that optimizes a range of communications channels to help clients achieve their business goals.
Greenough focuses on quality individuals as well as quality clients – servicing a wide range of industries with a particular focus on Technology, Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Business Services. All of Greenough, from the senior leadership team to the Greenough interns, collaborate closely and effectively with each other and their clients – working to become an extension of their client's internal teams.
Our team brings energy, passion, and focus to everything we do. We're highly professional, refreshingly informal, kind, compassionate, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic. We're also smart, intellectually curious, and analytical. Greenough employees enjoy Summer Fridays, regular company outings, anniversary perks to celebrate an employee's tenure, and a week off over Christmas. To learn more about our company and culture, visit www.greenoughagency.com.
Greenough seeks a talented Account Supervisor and an Account Director (dependent upon skills and years of experience) to join our team of brand journalists and storytellers. The ideal candidate will support Technology/Professional Services/Consumer or Mission-Based Organization clients that include an array of well-known local and nationally recognized companies and organizations. They will also be eager to learn and master brand journalism, Greenough’s unique approach to telling clients’ stories through integrated marketing channels, including earned, owned, and paid media.
The candidate will oversee and execute daily media outreach, content strategy and writing, influencer relations and strategic coordination with Greenough’s integrated marketing team. The candidate must be comfortable pitching a variety of media and have a strong track record for success. Excellent writing and client relations experience are also prerequisites. The Account Supervisor/Account Director will also direct and mentor account executives in Greenough’s entrepreneurial culture where employees are encouraged to rapidly advance as brand storytellers.
- Minimum 3-5 years of agency experience (or the equivalent inside an organization)
- Prior experience working with Technology/Professional Services/Healthcare Consumer or Mission-based clients (or relevant experience “inside”). Will also entertain Tv or Print Journalist
- B.A./B.S. or higher
- Develop and execute metrics-driven media, marketing and content strategies
- Manage account activity and team members
- Mentor account executives
- Actively engage with client’s PR and marketing teams and subject matter experts
- Actively pitch media (industry, national business, broadcast, local)
- Write and edit compelling content: press releases, bylines, fact sheets, blogs, social posts
- Actively engage with client’s customers and key opinion leaders as well as other Technology/Professional Services/Consumer or Mission-Based influencers
- Monitor metrics to inform strategy and program ROI
- Support new business activity as required
Required Skills & Attributes
- Media relations – direct experience working trade media across industries and mainstream consumer media preferred
- Team management and mentoring
- Writing and copy editing
- Ease with complex concepts/technologies (AI, cloud and data strategies, healthcare diagnostics and clinical challenges, business and personal insurance; legal regulations, etc.)
- Team player focused on alignment of team and individual goals
- Well organized and comfortable working with agency systems
- Compassionate and supportive
- Sense of humor!
- Comp will be highly competitive and based on Skills & Experience of candidates
PR Agency life has always appealed to me because of the constant opportunity to learn. Since joining Greenough a year ago, I have had the opportunity to expand my knowledge of key medicines, technologies, and experts that are helping shape society today. I love sharing the stories that are driving healthcare forward and truly changing lives.
Senior Vice President
Greenough combines the perks of a tight-knit company with the clientele of a world-class PR and marketing agency. The growth opportunities are tremendous, as team members at all levels gain insight into – and help drive – our clients’ external strategies.